Enabling Spidertxt can be done in the Organisation Settings Management Page.
What is Spidertxt?
Spidertxt 2.0 is a two-way operational messaging tool which allows aviation businesses to stay connected to their aircraft and people, no matter where they are in the world. Spidertxt is person-to-person communication through either desktop or mobile devices that provides simple and reliable communication anywhere in the world.
1. Select the 'Admin' cog in app.spidertracks.io
2. Select the organisation that you would like to activate Spidertxt for.
3. Select Spidertxt
4. Click 'Enable' on the center of the screen.
Once enabled everyone in your organisation will be able to use Spidertxt immediately through the website and through their mobile applications.
**If you are activating Spidertxt for the first time the trial will turn into a paid subscription after 30 days if not deactivated**.
Please see this article on How To Deactivate Spidertxt
Downloading the Applications:
Download the newest version of the App:
iOS Spidertracks App from the version: 4.2.0
1. Search 'Spidertracks' in the App Store on your device
2. Click 'Get' or 'Open' (open will show it you have previously downloaded the app)
In iOS, you will be prompted and need to allow Spidertracks to send you push notifications.
Checking Push Notifications
To check push notifications are enabled, go to your phone settings, notifications and tap on Spidertracks.
- Tap the Settings icon on your home screen.
- Scroll down and select app from the list of installed applications.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Allow Notifications to enable or disable the settings.
- Notifications are enabled when the - switch is slid to the right and green.
1. Search 'Spidertracks' in Google Play on your device
2. Click 'Install'
Please Note To Be Able To Use Spidertxt You Need:
- To have signed up / created a user account
- Be an invited member to an organisation that has enabled Spidertxt
Please see the following articles to continue with the set up:
Notes & Restrictions
- Text to email or SMS recipients is not supported; you are only able to send to members of your organisation
- Characters must be ASCII only, accents and emojis are not supported
- Spidertracks do not recommend sharing account for use with Spidertxt, please see this article for more information.
- If you are going flying and want to use Spidertxt, please make sure that you are logged out from all other devices (such as the Spidertracks website), before connecting your smartphone or tablet to the Spider.
Spidertxt 2.0 is compatible with iOS (Apple iPhone 4S and newer, iPad, iPod Touch running iOS 10 or later. The handset or tablet must have Bluetooth.
- Spider X
- Spider 8
- Spider 7
- Spider 6
All Spiders must have the latest version of firmware.
For further assistance setting up Spidertxt please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org