Altitude events can be set up under Aircraft Settings.
Rate of Climb (ROC) & Rate of Descent (ROD)
Altitude events is a setting that can be enable to alert flight followers when an aircraft descends or climbs too quick based on the climb / decent threshold setup under the aircraft settings.
1. Select the 'Admin' cog in app.spidertracks.io
2. Select the organisation that you would like to set up Altitude events.
3. Click 'Aircraft Settings' on the left-hand menu.
4. Select the Aircraft by dropping down the menu down.
5. Scroll down to the Assign Spider menu, and tick the box for "Enable Altitude Events"
6. Update Thresholds in ft/min
7. Click Save
Altitude events must be turned on for both rates or off for both rates.
If you require one to be on but not the other, we recommend setting the rate high so that it is unlikely to be triggered.
On clicking 'Save' the rate of climb or descent configuration message will be sent to the Spider. It may take a few minutes of the Spider being turned on and in clear view of the sky, for the message to be updated.
If you would like to receive an email or SMS when the Spider exceeds the rate of climb or descent, please this article on how to set up Notification Messages.
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com