You can check out the new flying page at: https://app.spidertracks.io/#/ (bookmark this URL so that you can return here quickly in the future)
The Flying page provides an overview of your fleet in real time allowing you to see the location of your fleet around the globe. There are a number of extra features included in this page that allow you to operate more safely and efficiently which are detailed below.
You can choose which aircraft you want to see on the flying page by changing the sort type, there are three options:
- Alphabetical - Arranges all aircraft in alphabetical order from 0-9 then A-Z
- Latest - Arranges all aircraft in order from most recently received point to the oldest received point
- Active - Shows only aircraft that the system has received a position report from within the last 15 minutes
Map Control Menu
Full Screen Map
On the Map Menu Bar you will see a new icon on the far right. This increases the map to full screen. Simply press escape or click the full screen icon again to go back to the standard map view.
Track Display Options
Configure how tracks are displayed on the flying page. Options to:
- Show red track lines on the flying page - allows you to show a red track line for each aircraft that shows the flight path of the most recent flight
- Group points = Groups similar points when viewing a track in order to de-clutter the track view as you zoom in and out on a track
Clicking this centers the map on the last reported location of all aircraft selected in the aircraft list
Opens a menu containing a range of real time weather overlays that can be added to the flying screen. Only one weather overlay can be selected at a time. Clicking the clear button will remove any weather overlays from the flying page. Find out more about our Weather Overlays here.
Opens a menu containing a range of base layer map views. You can choose from the standard Google map views (Map, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid) and aviation specific map views (VFR, IFR High, IFR Low and Basic). Only one map view can be selected at a time.
If you have added any KML layers to your account they will appear in this menu. You can add as many KML layers to the flying page as you desire, please note that the more layers you add the longer the page will take to load.