When adding a Spider to your account you will also select your pricing plan. The first thing you need to do is create an aircraft to assign your Spider to. To do this you will have to be managing the organisation under the settings page.
Managing your Organisation
- On the "Flying Page" please click on settings (bottom left side).
- On the next screen, click on Manage (center of the screen). Please note that you need to be an administrator of the account in order to do this.
- Click on "Aircraft Settings" under the Aircraft header and click on "Add Another Aircraft".
- Fill out the fields with your aircraft detail and click "Save".
Adding a Spider
- Click on Add Another Spider in the Assign Spider field which is found underneath the box that displays the aircraft you have just added.
- Enter the 10-character serial number from the underside of your Spider and continue.
*Please Note - The serial number does not contain the numbers one or zero. These are O (for Oscar) and I (for India).
Once the Spider has been added to the system you can configure the reporting type that you require. Please read How do I change my Spiders reporting rate and settings?
*Please Note - that the Spider S4 and Spider 7 has a Radius function where transmission within a selected radius can be suspended – set the Radius parameters within this field also.
*Please Note - Please allow up to 1 business days for new registrations to become active on the Iridium network.