The National Aerial Firefighting Centre, (NAFC).
Requires you to allow them to see your tracking information if you are doing contract fire fighting work for any of the following:
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Service
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- New South Wales Department of Environment and Climate Change (National Parks Service)
- A.C.T. Emergency Services Agency
- Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment
- Victorian Country Fire Authority
- Tasmania Fire Service
- Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service
- Forestry Tasmania
- South Australia Country Fire Service
- South Australia Department of Environment and Heritage
- Western Australian Fire and Emergency Authority
- Western Australia Department of Environment and Conservation
- Attorney-General’s Department
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- National Aerial Firefighting Centre
To turn on the feed to NAFC, please follow these steps:
- Go to AFF/API in the menu under your organisation, select the aircraft you would like to add to the NAFC AFF/API feed, select Australia: NAFC (1 - 2 minute position reporting interval) and click save.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your;
- Contact details
- Firebird number
- Aircraft registration
- IMEI number for the Spider. This can be found in your Aircraft Settings Page with the aircraft that is being set up for NAFC.
You will need to do this for each aircraft you use for contracted work. Here are some things to note:
- NAFC use TracPlus Global Limited as the integrator. This means that the data goes to TracPlus Global so NAFC can view it through their account. Due to this, TracPlus Global Limited will invoice you (USD) $7.50 per month for each month that you have the AFF service turned on, and $0.04 per position report.
- It is expected that NAFC be on-charged for these fees, so please ensure you remember to specify these fees with either NAFC or your contracting agency during contractual negotiations.
- The reporting interval will be set to a two minute rate when you are flying with AFF set.
- Make sure you turn the AFF setting off after finishing contract fire fighting work.
If you have any questions about this setup, please email email@example.com.