We occasionally release firmware updates for Spiders. These updates may include new functionality, bug fixes, or both. We recommend that you do include firmware updates as part of your scheduled maintenance.
Please note the Spider S2 or Spider S1 can no longer be updated. This is only for the Spider S3 or later. If you're unsure which Spider you have, please read this article.
Installing the Updating Application:
Note - If you have a version of the updating application from before 2014, please use add and remove programmes on your computer to remove the old one first. Supported operating systems for the updater are Windows 7 and Windows 8. Windows XP and below, and Mac OS are not compatible with the spidertracks updater.
- Please click here to download the spidertracks updater.
- Click on and run the installer, following the steps of the install wizard and accept any prompts to install device drivers. It may pause for up to 5 minutes to download updates to your computer's version of Java.
- If an updated version of firmware is found on the spidertracks server, you will be prompted to download this. Please accept.
- Click finish when prompted to complete the installation of the updater.
Performing the update:
- After installing the application, open spidertracks updater.
- Once the updater has loaded, you will be prompted to plug your Spider in - use the short black reprogramming lead supplied. If you have misplaced this, you will need a USB-A to USB-mini B lead. The Spider does not have to be powered during reprogramming, the USB cable is enough.
- When the updater finds the Spider, the screen will change to give you an overview of the current Spider settings.
- If there is a new version of firmware available you will be prompted to install this - click the Update button to do so. Once your firmware has been upgraded the new settings will be displayed in the updater window.
- If the LED above the Watch button is illuminated, then the Spider is in 'bootloader' mode and will not be recognised by the Updater. You will need to manually reprogram the Spider in this case. Select Programming from the top left of the window and then Reset from DFU. The updater will automatically reprogram and install the latest firmware.
- If your Spider takes more than two minutes to update, and looks to be stuck at any percentage completion, please try unplugging and plugging it back in again and folling steps 2 - 4.
- If it does not work, please contact email@example.com.