The SpidertracksS3Updater is currently experiencing some difficulties and is under maintenance. If you are trying to upgrade firmware on either a Spider S3, S4 or S5 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we endeavour to have this issue resolved asap.
Updating a Spider S3, Spider S4, or Spider S5
We occasionally release firmware updates for Spiders. These updates may include new functionality, bug fixes, or both. In the general case, it is not imperative that your Spider has the latest version of firmware in order to operate nominally, however, we do recommend that you do include firmware updates as part of your scheduled maintenance.
Please note that the upgrade procedure for the Spider S2 is different than that for the Spiders S3, S4, and S5. Please follow the applicable instructions which follow. If you're unsure which Spider you have, please read this article.
Note - supported operating systems for the updater are Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit versions). Windows 8 and Mac OS are not compatible with the spidertracks updater.
Installing the Updating Application:
- Please click here to download the SpidertracksS3Updater.
- Click on and run the installer, following the steps of the install wizard and accept any prompts to install device drivers. It may pause for up to 10 minutes to download updates to your computer's version of Java.
- If an updated version of firmware is found on the spidertracks server, you will be prompted to download this. Please accept.
- Click finish when prompted to complete the installation of the updater.
Updating your Spider S3, Spider S4, or Spider S5:
- After installing the application, run the S3 Updater from the Start-Program Files menu.
- Once the updater has loaded, you will be prompted to plug your Spider in - use the short black reprogramming lead supplied. If you have misplaced this, you will need a USB-A to USB-mini B lead.
- When the updater finds the Spider, the screen will change to give you an overview of the current Spider settings.
- If there is a new version of firmware available you will be prompted to install this - click the Update button to do so. Once your firmware has been upgraded the new settings will be displayed in the updater window.
- If the blue light above the Watch button is illuminated a solid blue, then the Spider is in bootloader mode and will not be recognised by the Updater. You will need to reprogram the Spider in this case. To reprogram your Spider, select Programming from the top left of the window and then Reset from DFU. The updater will automatically reprogram and install the latest firmware in one step.
Updating a Spider S2
To upgrade a Spider S2, you need to first download the Spider S2 updating program from our website. You will need to be logged in, and visit this link.
Install the software, and run the application (Spidertracks Spider Updater).
You then need to plug your Spider in using the special updating lead provided with the Spider (it has a blue USB end, and a screw on lead for the Spider).
Enter your username and password and follow the onscreen instructions. More detailed instructions are in the pdf here.